1. Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings’ CEO Frank Del Rio has announced that he will be stepping down later this year.
2. Disney Cruise Line has announced the first sailings that will visit its new private destination in the Bahamas, Lighthouse Point.
3. A former Holland America ship is getting a new life as it’s scheduled to reenter service with a new cruise line in the Greek islands later this year.
4. Norwegian Cruise Line is quietly switching back to e-muster drills after moving back to traditional ones this past January.
5. Cruises aboard Carnival’s upcoming ship Carnival Firenze out of Long Beach, California have opened for booking.
Featured Article: The Best Time to Cruise Alaska
When’s the best time to take a cruise to Alaska? We break down the best times to visit The Last Frontier based on weather, the best opportunities to spot wildlife, the cost, and more.
This Week’s Podcast: Anthem of the Seas Review
On this week’s episode of Cruise Radio, we get a review of a voyage aboard Anthem of the Seas to the Bahamas out of Cape Liberty in New Jersey. We also go over the latest cruise news.
Featured Video: Carnival Spirit Ship Tour
This week’s featured YouTube video is our ship tour of Carnival Cruise Line’s ship Carnival Spirit. Follow along as we go over the vessel’s public areas deck-by-deck, giving you a first-person look at entertainment venues, restaurants, sundecks, and more on board.
Sarah has been writing about the cruise industry since 2015. She’s been on 10 cruises and counting, and her favorite onboard activities include trying out the water slides, spending time in the spa’s thermal suite, eating lots of food, and attending the love & marriage show. You can keep up with her on Instagram at @IAmSarahJaneB.
Since 2009, Cruise Radio has provided the latest cruise news and industry analysis through informative articles, videos, and weekly podcasts. You’ll find expert advice for experienced and first-time cruisers, as well as port and destination guides.