Cruise News Recap | Week of May 8, 2022
1. Norwegian Cruise Line has completed its full fleet restart, as Norwegian Spirit set sail last week from Tahiti.
2. Celebrity Cruises has announced that Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles is godmother of its newest ship Celebrity Beyond.
3. Carnival Cruise Line has broken ground for its new cruise port on Grand Bahama Island.
4. Princess Cruises has introduced a new inclusive package called Princess Premier, which includes a premium drink package, two specialty restaurant meals, and more.
5. Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings has released its Q1 financial results, which included a $1 billion net loss.
Featured Article: 12 First Impressions of New Expedition Ship Viking Octantis
This week’s featured article is all about Viking’s first-ever expedition ship, Viking Octantis. Cruise writer Theresa Russell gives us her 12 first impressions of the brand-new vessel.
This Week’s Podcast: Norwegian Encore Review
On this week’s episode of Cruise Radio, we get a review of Norwegian Cruise Line’s newest ship Norwegian Encore, chat with staff writer Richard Simms about the latest cruise news, and answer a listener’s question about Princess’ new inclusive package.
Featured Video: Cruise News Today
This week’s featured video is the Cruise News Today from Tuesday, May 10. Doug goes over a Celebrity Eclipse cruise being canceled due to barnacles on the hull, Quantum of the Seas being back in the U.S., and new expedition ship Ocean Victory setting sail in Alaska.
Sarah has been writing about the cruise industry since 2015. She’s been on eight cruises so far, and her favorite onboard activities include trying out the water slides, spending time in the spa’s thermal suite, eating lots of food, and attending the love & marriage show. You can keep up with her over on her Instagram at @IAmSarahJaneB.
Since 2009, Cruise Radio has provided the latest cruise news and industry analysis through informative articles, videos, and weekly podcasts. You’ll find expert advice for experienced and first-time cruisers, as well as port and destination guides.
All Contents © Copyright 2022 Cruise Radio, Inc. | Website Designed by Insider Perks
Sign up for the Cruise Radio Newsletter
Get the real facts delivered straight to your inbox, with trustworthy cruise related news.