Cruise News Recap | Week of May 1, 2022
1. Carnival Cruise Line’s entire fleet is back in service, as its last ship Carnival Splendor resumed service on May 2 from Seattle. The line has three vessels sailing to Alaska this year: two from Seattle and one from San Francisco.
2. The CDC has updated its protocols for ships that are considered as sailing “highly vaccinated.” Previously, 95 percent of guests ages five and older had to be vaccinated for a ship to be considered “highly vaccinated.” Now, that threshold has been lowered to 90 percent.
3. In celebration of Teacher Appreciation Week last week, Norwegian Cruise Line has relaunched its Giving Joy contest for teachers to win free cruises and money for their schools.
4. MSC Cruises has revamped parts of its Voyagers Club loyalty program. The changes include a five percent savings for all members on all cruises, as well as additional savings when members book further in advance. Those who book a full year or more in advance will also receive double reward points.
5. Royal Caribbean has launched a TikTok contest where users can nominate moms who inspire them to become the godmother of the line’s newest and largest cruise ship, Wonder of the Seas.
Featured Article: 14 Forgotten Cruise Lines
This week’s featured article is a piece we recently expanded: a brief history of 14 cruise lines that many people have probably long forgotten.
This Week’s Podcast: Carnival Legend Review
On this week’s episode of Cruise Radio, Doug gets a full review of a Bahamas voyage aboard Carnival Cruise Line’s Carnival Legend, including the dining, entertainment, ports of call, and more.
Featured Video: Cruise News Today
The featured video for this week is the Cruise News Today from Thursday, May 5. Doug goes over two Princess ships resuming service to begin a season of Alaska cruises, Cunard announcing Queen Anne’s maiden voyages and the line’s October 2023 to May 2024 schedule, and Wonder of the Seas arriving in Barcelona to begin a season of Mediterranean cruises.
Sarah has been writing about the cruise industry since 2015. She’s been on eight cruises so far, and her favorite onboard activities include trying out the water slides, spending time in the spa’s thermal suite, eating lots of food, and attending the love & marriage show. You can keep up with her over on her Instagram at @IAmSarahJaneB.
Since 2009, Cruise Radio has provided the latest cruise news and industry analysis through informative articles, videos, and weekly podcasts. You’ll find expert advice for experienced and first-time cruisers, as well as port and destination guides.
All Contents © Copyright 2022 Cruise Radio, Inc. | Website Designed by Insider Perks
Sign up for the Cruise Radio Newsletter
Get the real facts delivered straight to your inbox, with trustworthy cruise related news.