Cruise News Recap | Week of June 5, 2022
1. The CDC has lifted its testing requirements for Americans who are reentering the U.S. after traveling abroad. This makes the process for getting home after a cruise from a foreign country much easier.
2. Nearly a month of European cruises on Norwegian Escape have been canceled for this fall due to an unplanned dry dock. Impacted guests will receive a full refund plus a 10 percent future cruise credit.
3. Meyer Werft shipyard handed Disney Wish over to Disney Cruise Line last week, officially delivering the brand-new vessel. She is now en route across the Atlantic to her new home in Port Canaveral.
4. Carnival has revealed details on the sixth zone aboard its upcoming ship Carnival Celebration. The Gateway zone will include the history-filled Carnival Jubilee Bar, the travel-themed Latitudes bar, and Emeril’s Bistro 1397.
5. Virgin Voyages has delayed the launch of its third ship, Resilient Lady, by at least eight months. It was originally scheduled to debut this August.
Featured Article: What You Need to Know About Norwegian Cruise Line’s Internet Packages & App
This weeks’ featured article is an overview of the different internet packages that are available for purchase on Norwegian Cruise Line’s ships, as well as the brand’s smartphone app and its functionalities.
This Week’s Podcast: Carnival Sunshine Review
On this week’s Cruise Radio episode, we get a recent review of a voyage aboard Carnival Sunshine and go over the latest cruise news with Richard.
Featured Video: Cruise News Today
This week’s featured YouTube video is the Cruise News Today from Friday, June 10. Doug goes over Disney Wish’s delivery, Princess Cruises closing one of its Alaska lodges early this year, and Cozumel welcoming around 10,000 cruise visitors in one day.
Sarah has been writing about the cruise industry since 2015. She’s been on eight cruises so far, and her favorite onboard activities include trying out the water slides, spending time in the spa’s thermal suite, eating lots of food, and attending the love & marriage show. You can keep up with her over on her Instagram at @IAmSarahJaneB.
Since 2009, Cruise Radio has provided the latest cruise news and industry analysis through informative articles, videos, and weekly podcasts. You’ll find expert advice for experienced and first-time cruisers, as well as port and destination guides.
All Contents © Copyright 2022 Cruise Radio, Inc. | Website Designed by Insider Perks
Sign up for the Cruise Radio Newsletter
Get the real facts delivered straight to your inbox, with trustworthy cruise related news.