Cruise News Recap | Week of April 24, 2022
1. After nine years, Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald has announced that he will be stepping down this summer. The current COO of the company will assume the role.
2. Norwegian Cruise Line has canceled the inaugural voyage for Norwegian Prima this summer, citing supply chain issues.
3. For the first time, Disney Cruise Line’s ship Disney Dream will spend the summer in Europe in 2023. The line also revealed the rest of the fleet’s summer 2023 schedule.
4. Virgin Voyages has announced the name of its fourth cruise ship, following sister ships Scarlet, Valiant, and Resilient Lady.
5. Carnival Celebration will feature a new bar called The Golden Jubilee, which will take the spot where The Brass Magnolia is on Mardi Gras. It will incorporate artwork, memorabilia, and pieces from earlier Carnival ships.
Featured Article: Wonder of the Seas Overview
This week’s featured article is an overview of the largest cruise ship in the world, Royal Caribbean’s Wonder of the Seas. We go over the vessel’s layout, dining options, entertainment, staterooms, new Suite Neighborhood, and more.
This Week’s Podcast: Oasis of the Seas Review
On this week’s Cruise Radio episode, we get a full review of a short cruise on Oasis of the Seas out of Miami. We also hear about Royal Caribbean’s private island in the Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay.
We also chat with cruise YouTuber and blogger Emma La Teace about her upcoming livestream to support Brave the Shave — a charity that supports kids with cancer and their families as well as cancer research.
Featured Video: Cruise News Today
The featured video for this week is the Cruise News Today from Wednesday, April 27. Doug goes over Arnold Donald preparing to step down as president and CEO of Carnival Corporation, Royal Caribbean announcing that Icon of the Seas will debut in the Caribbean, Holland America’s Noordam resuming sailings, and Holland America canceling Westerdam‘s Asia sailings this fall.
Sarah has been writing about the cruise industry since 2015. She’s been on eight cruises so far, and her favorite onboard activities include trying out the water slides, spending time in the spa’s thermal suite, eating lots of food, and attending the love & marriage show. You can keep up with her over on her Instagram at @IAmSarahJaneB.
Since 2009, Cruise Radio has provided the latest cruise news and industry analysis through informative articles, videos, and weekly podcasts. You’ll find expert advice for experienced and first-time cruisers, as well as port and destination guides.
All Contents © Copyright 2022 Cruise Radio, Inc. | Website Designed by Insider Perks
Sign up for the Cruise Radio Newsletter
Get the real facts delivered straight to your inbox, with trustworthy cruise related news.