BRUNCH MENU: The Mason Jar Southern Restaurant on Wonder of the Seas
With the introduction of Royal Caribbean International’s mega ship Wonder of the Seas came the debut of a brand-new specialty restaurant for the line: The Mason Jar Southern Restaurant & Bar.
The venue serves both brunch (select days from 10 am to 2 pm) and dinner from 5:30 to 9 pm.
Here is the full brunch menu, which has a flat fee of $25 per adult and $11 for kids ages 6 to 12. If you’re looking for the dinner menu, head over here.
Eggs n’ More
- Meemaw’s Fried Chicken n’ Waffles: Boneless fried chicken sitting on top of two fresh buttermilk waffles with a side of warm maple syrup and hot honey
- Southern Breakfast: Two eggs cooked how you want, served with crispy bacon, sweet potato hash, and Meemaw’s biscuits
- Smoky Deviled Eggs: With pickles and peppers, crispy capers, fried chicken skin, dusted with paprika
- Breakfast Biscuits: All done up with bacon onion jam, cheddar, homemade sausage and gravy topped with eggs cooked how you want
- Spinach n’ Pimento Cheese Omelet: Three whipped eggs with peppered gooey cheese and sautéed spinach, seasoned breakfast potatoes, and grilled tomato
- Blueberry Johnnycakes: Savory cornmeal flatbreads slathered with BBQ pulled pork, with crispy chicken skin and cool coleslaw
- Salmon-Avocado Toast: On thick-cut, toasted sourdough bread, garnished with fresh sliced chili and lime
- Charred Watermelon Salad: With ripe beefsteak tomatoes, jalapeños, onions, and a sherry-mustard vinaigrette, topped with crumbled feta, crispy chicken skin, and torn mint
- Peanut Buttery Banana Overnight Oats: Old-fashioned rolled oats with Greek yogurt, peanut butter, sliced banana, candied bacon, and a smidge of maple syrup
- Stuffed French Toast: Thick-cut and stuffed with banana slices, creamy peanut butter, and crispy candied bacon
- Sweet-Tooth Cinnamon Roll: Generously glazed and rolled with chopped candied pecans and a healthy helping of cinnamon
- Red Velvet Pancakes: Mouth watering smooth and fluffy hotcakes stacked high with sweet cream cheese glaze
- Classic Po’Boy: Shrimp or oysters deep-fried till golden and served on a French roll with lettuce, tomato, and spicy remoulade
- Crispy Chicken Sandwich: Buttermilk-brined and deep-fried until golden, served on Cajun buttered brioche with lettuce, tomato, spicy remoulade, and crinkle-cut pickles — (the chicken can be regular or Nashville hot)
- The Southern Burger: Quarter pound Angus patty stacked high with sharp cheddar, crispy bacon, chicken skins, BBQ sauce, and remoulade on a toasted brioche bun
Handhelds come with a choice of sweet potato hash, Cajun fries, or crispy tater tots.
- Cherry Pie: Sweet and tart cherries in a flaky, buttery crust served à la mode
- Warm Bread Puddin’: Buttery croissants and raisin bread soaking up a rich vanilla-bourbon custard, topped with creamy vanilla drizzle
- Chocolate Pecan Pie: A bourbon-chocolate and caramelized pecan filling, a buttery crush, and crumbled toffee bar
- Twice-Fried Oreos: Funnel cake battered, deep-fried and sizzling hot, dusted with powdered sugar — plus a bourbon sauce for dipping
- Gone Bananas: Layers of roasted bananas, vanilla pudding, and graham cracker crumble topped with whipped cream, toffee, chocolate and caramel sauces
- Ice Cream: Georgia Peach, Maple-candied Bacon, Bourbon Butter Pecan, Chocolate, Vanilla, and Strawberry
Starters: Sweet jarred peaches with cottage cheese, crunchy crudités with ranch for dipping, and a buttered biscuit
- Fried Chicken Tenders: Paired with buttery mashed potatoes and coleslaw
- Chicken or Vegetable Pot Pie: Flaky, buttery crust stuffed with a creamy filling of shredded chicken, hearty potatoes, carrots, and sweet peas
- Lil’ Southern Burger: Angus patty stacked high with sharp cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, BBQ sauce, and remoulade on a toasted brioche bun, served with regular or sweet potato fries
- Mac n’ Cheese: Rich and creamy to just hit the spot!
Alcoholic – $13 each
- All Shook-Up: Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey and Blue Chair Banana Cream Rum, topped with whipped cream, brown sugar, and caramelized bananas
- Floatin’ on Sunshine: Absolut Vanilia Vodka, vanilla ice cream, and orange soda
- Riverboat Float: Absolut Vanilia Vodka, Kahlúa, and Abita Root Beer with vanilla ice cream
- Moo Hoo Chocolate Float: Vanilla ice cream topped with Terrapin Moo Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout
Non-Alcoholic – $11 each
- Root Beer Float
- Creamsicle Float
- Coke Float
- Shakes: Chocolate, Strawberry, or Vanilla
Note: All meals come with pimento cheese and saltines as well as jalapeño cornbread, served with Cajun and whipped honey butter.
Sarah has been writing about the cruise industry since 2015. She’s been on eight cruises so far, and her favorite onboard activities include trying out the water slides, spending time in the spa’s thermal suite, eating lots of food, and attending the love & marriage show. You can keep up with her over on her Instagram at @IAmSarahJaneB.
Since 2009, Cruise Radio has provided the latest cruise news and industry analysis through informative articles, videos, and weekly podcasts. You’ll find expert advice for experienced and first-time cruisers, as well as port and destination guides.
All Contents © Copyright 2022 Cruise Radio, Inc. | Website Designed by Insider Perks
Sign up for the Cruise Radio Newsletter
Get the real facts delivered straight to your inbox, with trustworthy cruise related news.